Firts of all we must say the Basque Country is a nation with a strong personality. Basque culture is present in many aspects:
– In the language, one of the oldest languages in Europe, rich in peculiar sonorities
– In the architecture, with timbered picturesque houses
– In the basque traditional sports, inspired on old rural customs
– In the Basque pelota. The most known variation of this sport is the Jai-Alai
– In gastronomy, which enjoys a reputation for being one of the best cuisines in the world.
– In traditional basque songs, which have lead to the international recognition of basque choral groups
– And last but not least, in the Basque dance, essential aspect and ancestral tradition of Basque people.
MAP and LOCATION OF THE BASQUE COUNTRY